Check out our top sponsors:

Forum Post
03/02/09 18:54


Thank author of this post/commentHi,

I am wondering if anyone out there can help us. After 9 years a very nasty individual at The American Embassy has denied my wife entry into the USA. We have never had one problem in the 9 years traveling back and forth.

We usually stay 4/5 months there and the remainder of the year here, as I've said, we have been doing this for 9 solid years with no problem what-so-ever. That is, until now.

This rather unpleasant person told my wife that she would "never get a Tourist Visa again in her entire life". Why? We have no idea. She tried to explain to this "gentleman", that we are selling property there and also I just had a pretty serious operation and she needs to be there with me in case of an emergency and to settle matters property wise, to be able to move here.

We plan on living in Lima. He flatly refused to listen and to make matters worse, yelled at my wife telling her: "I have nothing else to say to you". "You will never get a Tourist Visa again". "Go to the next window". With that he shoved her documents at her and she had no choice but to see if anyone else would help her.

We plan on leaving Lima for North Carolina March 18th. That's when our flight leaves. I am a former Marine and I had thought some kind of professional courtesy applied, as I used to do the very same thing in London, England as they do here in Lima, Peru, at The American Embassy. Aparantly not.

If there is anyone out there that can help or, guide us through this very un-necessary "red tape", we would certainly appreaciate it. You can reach us at 225-9173 or by cell at 999-17-1987. Thanks for any help.


Robert & Gabriela Hasty

Please participate

This post has a total of 19 replies. Your feedback, comments, opinions and questions are welcome and encouraged.

This forum post has messages dated from 03/02/09 through 02/28/10, please be sure to read all the messages. If you feel it is old or outdated, please follow up with a question or comment and someone may be able to update it, or reply with newer information if you have it.

Comment 1
**/**/** **:**
Vicky M

That was plainly disrespectful. Why didn't you do nothing? You could have at least reported to the authorities or concerned groups because this plainly is an act of discrimination or racism, what is you race by the way. what was this guy like, if you could go back there and try again. I would suggest you bring a voice recorder or hidden camera to foil that culprit in suit. This is unacceptable, I say. Fight for your right.
Comment 2
**/**/** **:**
Bernadette S.

There might be a problem with the consul that interviewed yor wife. Are you there beside your wife when the interview where conducted? Why haven't you tried seeking for legal advice? There is certainly an anomaly in there. Try to have a legal opinion on that matter. Do not just let this happen. Fight for your right!!
Comment 3
**/**/** **:**

I agree with Bernadette S. and Vicky M. there. I think there is anomaly in the process your wife have been through. i suggest that you go to a law office near your place and have some legal advice with regards to your problem. Will you just let this happen? If you let this happen then some people might suffer from the same incident your family have been through. So don't just sit there go and have some legal advice.
Comment 4
**/**/** **:**

What is a Visa?

A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States (U.S.) generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the travelerís passport, a travel document issued by the travelerís country of citizenship. Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the U.S. without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. (U.S. citizens donít need a U.S. visa for travel, but when planning travel abroad may need a visa issued by the country they wish to visit.)

How Can I use a Visa to Enter the U.S.?

Having a U.S. visa allows you to travel to a port of entry, airport or land border crossing, and request permission of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) inspector to enter the U.S. While having a visa does not guarantee entry to the U.S, it does indicate a consular officer at a U.S Embassy or Consulate abroad has determined you are eligible to seek entry for that specific purpose. DHS/CBP inspectors, guardians of the nationís borders, are responsible for admission of travelers to the U.S., for a specified status and period of time DHS also has responsibility for immigration matters while you are present in the U.S..

What Types of Visas Are There?

The type of visa you must obtain is defined by U.S. immigration law, and relates to the purpose of your travel. There are two main categories of U.S. visas:

* Nonimmigrant visas Ė For travel to the U.S. on a temporary basis. Learn more.

* Immigrant visas Ė For travel to live permanently in the U.S.

Comment 5
**/**/** **:**

I have posted a link here, this website actually gives visa information for almost all countries. Just type in there the country you'll be applying for a visa and your off to go.

Here are also some handy dandy tips about visa:

Visas are associated with the request for permission to enter (or exit) a country, and are thus, for some countries, distinct from actual formal permission for an alien to enter and remain in the country.

Some countries require that their citizens, and sometimes foreign travelers, obtain an exit visa in order to be allowed to leave the country

Comment 6
**/**/** **:**

the american embassy in peru is a joke!

they hire so called americans that no nothing about the u.s.and put them in a position to ruin peoples lives! they treated me and my wife like s**t! the people there knew nothing about anything! then one day we got lucky and a american (true american) woman who was raised in pennsylvania, worked with us, no more problems from the embassy! you need to get lucky and catch the right person there to get good results!

i went through there bull crap myself for my wife and step son!

after over 3 years of trying, we finally got there visa's,

moved to america for about 8 months, lost my job, then we all had to come here! but, since i came to peru, i try to stay away from the embassy here, i avoid it like its a prison!

it is different here, but the people here seem to be more family oriented and friendly.

all that time and money to take them to a place we can no longer afford to live.

oh, and me being a cigarette smoker, im a hardened criminal to them back home!. they want to make it a perfect smoke free country, lol

they need to start cleaning out the no good polititions in washington before they start on the citizens rights!

oh well, enough flipping out.

Comment 7
**/**/** **:**

It's a sad fact that many Americans in Immigrations/Embassies or any official position dealing with foreigners entering or wanting to enter their country abuse their positions.

They believe that the USA is the one and only important country in the world, and US-citizens are the only people who are worth anything. They don't like foreigners and enjoy humiliating them. Sad, pathetic people.

Of course there are a lot of nice, cool US-Americans in those positions as well.

Robert, try to get another official to work on your case without much fuss. You'll just complicate things if you fight!!

Comment 8
**/**/** **:**

Well Natascha have a point there. There is no sense in fighting anyway. I agree with you completely Natascha.
Comment 9
**/**/** **:**

Complicating things with a fight, well that is really not a good idea Natascha. But sometimes for some people to realize their flaws and change it for good is to let them know, and this is by insisting your right and fighting for it as well.

Well you will complicate things up, you just have to report the issue to the concerned party and your ok. After that you can seek for another agency. What important is you let the authorities know about his irregularities.

Comment 10
**/**/** **:**

This definitely is one of those racism issue. I think you have to make the concerned authorities know what had happened.

This move is not to make further conflict, but to make that stupid know his mistake and that he will end that habit towards clients. Let us say, we just want to end this irregularities in your case, we don't want this practice to continue, am i right? Smile..

Comment 11
**/**/** **:**

Yeah, Shin have some good point over the matter and i have to agree with you dude. If we don't act on this the sooner we can then this irregularities will continue to happen and to some other people. Let us put an end to this chain of irregularities and abuse of power.

There are legal counsels out there that might help you with the case. Just do the necessary actions.

Comment 12
**/**/** **:**

Well if you couldn't have the tourist visa then try the working visa this time. As you have said, you've told the officer that you doing jobs in the U.S., Maybe that's why they've banned your wife as a tourist cause you guys has been doing these to almost a decade and the government isn't getting the right taxes that they want to snatch from you. Good luck in you appliation
Comment 13
**/**/** **:**

What is good about applying a working visa compared with tourist is that in working visa (based n what i have heard on some who did this), you will not need a show money unlike if you apply for a tourist visa where you will need to show some account with money ofcourse.

So better choose what visa you are to prefer, check out some site to learn on this matter further.

Comment 14
**/**/** **:**

Maybe you are right about that Aldo, but i think there are also some things to consider when applying for a working visa. I think i have to agree that we better check on this first before we try to share some information. It is better that we make our self sure first before doing something, right?

Comment 15
**/**/** **:**

"Tourist Visa not good enough"

You need a residency Visa, not a tourist Visa. I plan on getting one for my girlfriend eventually marrying her, moving her to the States for a few years, getting het citizenship and then moving here, Lima, for the couple of years I need to get my Peruvian citizenship. Both of us with dual citizenship would be much more convenient.
Comment 16
**/**/** **:**

Yeah, it would be much better if you apply for a residency visa rather that to apply for a tourist visa. But i heard that acquiring a residency visa would take time, that is the disadvantage that you can encounter if you apply for this kind of visa. But all in all, you can try to apply for any of this visas and enjoy the beauty of Peru.

Best of luck to all of us.

Comment 17
**/**/** **:**

There are lots of stories that sounds like this one. I just hope that the original poster manages to do something to make this activity be stopped. Good luck to you and your wife.
Comment 18
**/**/** **:**

That just sounds like a case of the person being a nasty person or being i a bad mood that day. If you've never had a problem till now i would suggest you go back with your paperwork in order and hope he/she is in a better mood or you get a different officer Best of luck.
Comment 19
**/**/** **:**

That is very true, maybe you can go back to his office when he is in the good mood again. I have to agree on that post by Kasi. I am thinking about moving to Peru and so I would like to know more about the immigration in the said country. Would you mind posting here some good details regarding this matter. Thanks a lot and have a nice day.
Reply options
Share your opinions, advice, questions or comments on this post.
Be Heard: Forum reply options:

We encourage everyone to share their opinions, comments, thoughts and information, please consider sharing...

We would like to thanks all those who have participated in our community. All the great information available on our sites is because a member of our community took the time to share it. Thank you!

  • Reply to this Forum post (opens small window)
  • Social Networking

    Share this with your friends on facebook, twitter and Google+

    Social sharing because it feels good

    Please share this page on your favorite social networks:

    Please like our homepage page for Peru Forum, Expat Forum, Travel:
    Top Searches: • peru exit visa • visa usa from peru • peruvian exit visa • imagration from peru to usa • immigration in peru • immigration peru • property peruvian visa usa • immigration cuzco peru • immigrant visa interview experience peru • immigrant from peru • easy way for peruvians to get a temporary visa in the us • customs and border protection • how easy is it to emmigrate to peru • peru immigration • peru migration problems • visa american forum • immigration from peru • immigration from peru to usa • do you need a visa for peru • peru visa type • visa requirements working visa peru • all peruvians denied us visa 2011 • is it easy to get visa for usa from peru • how to get a retirement visa in peru • problems with my usa property • advice on obtaining us visa from peru • immigrations questions 2cperu • tourist visa to peru denied • peru immigration problem • are there problems with us and peru • getting a tourist visa from peru •

    Important information.

    This page is part of a social network. People may choose to participate here for personal, commercial or other reasons. Please keep in mind that posts or other information here may be: 1) advertisements and not personal opinions, and 2) that any products or services mentioned here may not work exactly as the promoter describes or promises.

    Please verify all claims and use an escrow service for any signficiant purchases.

    Share this information about Peru. Cut and paste one of these links to your website, blog, or social network:
    You have just read: Immigration: VISA PROBLEMS FOR MY WIFE, Peru forum and expat info

    Copyright (c) 2005-2014 GLR Sales LLC.


    Privacy PolicyDMCA PolicyWrite for us • -- WelcomeSitemap
    Immigration Peru 'VISA PROBLEMS FOR MY WIFE'
    Classification: Forum